used car/extended warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave2

I purchased a car from a used car lot. They insisted that I buy a warranty that they called "Bumper to Bumper." We finally agreed, because they told us that it would not matter what the car had as problems, we were assured that it would get repaired.
We signed the papers, they handed us a little fold up brochure, and said if we had any trouble, that we could call. Having purchased a pickup from them before, I felt fairly safe and left. After 3 trips, and several calls to them, several calls to the finance company, and several calls to the insurance company, we got the insurance activated. This was 4 months after we bought the car and policy. We still did not have any contract.
We still do not have a full contract, and this is now 7 months later. As soon as we needed a repair, the company told us to take it to a licensed repair shop, and as you guessed it, they will not pay for anything. We roped in the Florida Dept. of Financial Serv., and have only now, 7 months later obtained the booklet that pretty much says, if you consider our mechanical problems, that they are not obligated to pay for much if any repairs at all. In fact it states, that if you have pre-existing problems, or have a disagreement, you must bring it to them before you have the policy 60 days, or they will not do things like cancel the policy. I have the letter they sent to the state that says that they activated the policy in April, after they received notice in April that we paid for the car in December, from the car lot. However they started coverage in December, when we bought the car. (there is much more to this story) Since the used car lot completely misrepresented this fraudulent company, and sold us this warranty with the assurance that it would do something that it will not, what is our recourse? Do warranty companies have laws that they are required to comply with? Please help us any way you can, Thank you.

We have saved all letters, and or pertinent information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back