Used Car Broke Down After 3 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullyfaith

I need to know if there is anything I can do about a car dealership that sold me a 2002 Sierra Pick-Up that broke down 3 days later. I was told it had been checked out by their mechanics and was found to be good. A link in the rear end broke-causing my son to lose control of the vehicle. Thank God-he wasn't hurt.The mechanics said that the vehicle was unfit to be driven at all, and can't understand how a dealer would be allowed to sale such a unsafe vehicle. It costed 1,995 to fix the problem. The dealer says they don't have to pay any because the truck was sold "as is". I am in Oklahoma. I found other states have an implied warranty of merchantibility--but I don't know if Ok does or not.I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the attorney generals office. I don't think any place should able to sale such a dangerous vechiclke. My son could have been killed. All I asked the dealer to do was pay for mechanics bill. They flatly refused any help. What can I do?

Check your states "lemon law". Most have to have some type of 30 day warrenty, even when bought "as-is".

Did you call the AG office, and ask them? They will tell you what section of the law to look under, they may give you the exact statute right over the phone, It would be worth a phone call.

At the very least, you should be suing the dealer for the damages to the vehicle. They were out right neglegent on this matter, and are damn lucky someone didn't get killed.

If you call the AG, see if they can recomend the highest rated lawfirms in your state dealing with these types of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back