Use Car Sale - Dealer not fulfilling contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nira

I recently purchased a used vehicle from a dealer. The car had a few minor cosmetic problems (loose door handles, broken latch on glove box, etc) that the dealer promised to fix as part of the sale. They did not have the parts on hand and would have to order them, which is understandable. I made a list of things I wanted fixed and it was included in the sale contract.

It's been a month and a half and they have not fixed any of the things I listed. In addition to this, I had a flat tire that I couldn't change because there are lock-nuts on the tires from the previous owner and the dealer does not have the key or tools to remove them. My husband has called them numerous time over the past few weeks trying to get information... are the other parts ordered yet, should we make an appointment to bring the car in, etc. They won't give him a straight answer and won't call us back.

Do I have the option of taking the car back and getting a refund since they have not fulfilled the contract?

Thank you,
~K

It is an insignificant portion of the contract, therefore, no. Get a torch, melt 2 flat spots on the nut, heat with torch, remove with vise grips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back