Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant US Marshals asking me to investigate my mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDF10

Today US Marshals came and took me out of work to ask me questions about a fugitive uncle. I have no information on his whereabouts, etc. but they believe my mom does and asked me to search her house when she is not home for any evidence of contact with him and to try and search her cell phone and email for any information. They said if I did not help that they were going to indict my mother. To save her I need to find them answers. Is this a violation of mine or my mother's rights?

Nope. If you comply then you are doing so voluntarily.
If you don't want to do it, then don't.
Personally, rather than sneak around mom's house and search her belongings, I would simply ask her about it.
Your cooperation is entirely voluntarily here... they are not forcing you to do anything.

If you're under the age of eighteen, it's best to involve your mom. If you're older and know nothing, tell them that and refer them to speak to your mother. Cooperation is key with law enforcement HOWEVER make sure not to divulge any information that may lead to either your mom or yourself with being charged. The thing is, if a fugitive, your mom may not have ANY idea where your uncle is, or having even talked to him in some time as he's a fugitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back