Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders ***Urgent-**Is this a scam?

Joseph08

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I received a message from a North Dakota number, on Wednesday night Thursday, said my name in the message so I thought I knew him because I was talking to someone through a dating app but wasn't sure so I go back and looked and the profile was deleted along with the messages. So assuming I knew the person I engaged in conversation but they just wanted sexual pictures so I obliged (in hindsight this was extremely stupid) and one was sent back to me and asked if I wanted a video so was like sure! Never heard anything back no Saturday 04/23/2022 I get a text from a number from Kentucky saying they was Justin's father and I was sending photos to someone underage and they spoke to a lawyer and this is a serious offense, so he told me all the information he had on me, my address, works parents names and all! The conversation goes on and on and how he has to change the phone plan and his wife wants therapy for the child, and it's gonna cost him money and he doesn't have time to be in court and everything, so I asked if was wanting me to pay for it, he said he wasn't going to because it wasn't his fault he said it was about 850 bucks and he might be able to speak with his wife to make it go away! I said this sounds like a scam and he went off the deep end about how I thought this was a game and how disgusting I was and. I asked if he had cash app

And he said he did, $justbusiness06 and said his name was tim smith. He told me that the cops was called and they was going to call me later on but not to answer if I was gonna pay! He called me back but this time his wife was on the phone really upset and convincing that her kid was gonna need therapy and couldn't believe her son was gay. I told him cash app was not gonna let me send that much and he asked if I could do Walmart to Walmart I told him I could do that at the moment. He said fine I'll take the next day off and he'll see me in court if I wasn't going to pay. So I told him I needed to call the bank but what I did was started looking for scams like this found several. So later on I get a call from a Virginia Beach phone number didn't answer but they left a message, said their name was officer Haynes. I googled the number and it said Virginia Beach police dept. I called the number back and talked to someone that said no officer worked their by that name and to be weary about that stuff, and told me to call another office in their Precinct just in case so I did and same thing was said no officer by that name. I never sent any money and changed my phone number. The people called my fathers cell phone and so did the so called officer Haynes. I told him not to answer.
I also called my local law enforcement and explain what happened they said it was a scam and I needed to file a report with ftc so I did.

Im not sure what my question is but do I need a lawyer or what do I need to do? I can't eat or sleep.

Last edited:
Those are just three examples I found in a quick search.

In the future, make sure that you, at the least, actually know the person you're getting hot & heavy with.

Absolutely, I will! So this was a scam for sure?
If I were in your position, with the information you have, I'd make my own decision that this was a scam and I would turn over any information you have to the police. (The REAL police.) I cannot make that decision for you, though.

If I were in your position, with the information you have, I'd make my own decision that this was a scam and I would turn over any information you have to the police. (The REAL police.) I cannot make that decision for you, though.

so I did that yesterday my local police just told me to file a report with federal trade commission they did really say any more. and I did a tip with the FBI.

so I did that yesterday my local police just told me to file a report with federal trade commission they did really say any more. and I did a tip with the FBI.

Now you know why "getting sexy with anonymous entities" via video chat is best avoided.

For all you know your private man bits and sexual hijinx might be making millions guffaw, giggle, cackle, titter, scream, and howl in amusement for all eternity.

Don't allow anyone to trick you into becoming a laughingstock.

Before you imitate a big, hungry mudcat going forward ask yourself, "If mommy and daddy saw my performance would it make them proud?"

Sppofing is so simple even I can do it, if I choose.

Fake a Caller ID | Free Call Spoofer | SpoofTel

Number spoofing scams explained (and how to stop them)

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to-stop-someone-from-spoofing-my-phone-number

Spoof My Number

Next time somebody calls about this, tell them you are recording the conversation (even if you aren't, but you should) and turning the recording over to the police.

Then stop talking. My guess is they will hang up faster than you.

Or, just block all those numbers.

: 110951"]Next time somebody calls about this, tell them you are recording the conversation (even if you aren't, but you should) and turning the recording over to the police.

Then stop talking. My guess is they will hang up faster than you.

Or, just block all those numbers.[/QUOTE]

Right, I've learned a valuable lesson here…..just don't do it. I did I blocked their numbers and I changed mine.

Back