Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft *URGENT* HELP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clementinevd

I was at Store name and I did something obviously very stupid. I switched the price tag on something that now seems so small. As I was scanning at the self scanner, the employee caught me, but did not accuse me of anything, she just asked me, and I lied and said "no, I did not". She voided the item and I paid for my remaining groceries and left. I switched the price tag for something else, but she did not see that item.

Now I am ill with worry that they will send police to my house to arrest me for shoplifting and I don't know what to do! They have all of my information because I use a Store name plus card. Can they arrest me after the fact? What if they check the surveillance tape and see that I DID in fact do it and then LIED? I start graduate school in the fall and I don't want anything to mess that up nor do I want my family to suffer.

I went back to the store and paid the difference on the item as though it were their mistake, and the lady at the register (not the same one who checked me out) was very nice to me. Can they do anything since I tried to rectify the situation? What if they see it on camera but don't recognize that it was me who went back to correct it?

What do I do???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back