Update on and Auto accident ( guy run red light)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehungminh

The accident happen 1 week ago, and the other party insurance on Thursday just to get an update. and found out that his wife with the insurance under her name, and state that someone hit and run her car, not her husband and since there are 2 claim under same car, one make by me and the other by his wife. The insurance try to contact the guy but he hadn't pick up his phone, they even send letter out but still no contact from the guy. And my insurance is no help either, no one has been in contact with me since the accident.

Another question was that we file the claim under his name and when we went to rent a car, he put it under his name. Does the insurance will pay for it or it has to put in my name??? I don't want to pay for the car rental forever, I don';t know when the insurance will get my car fix, it may take months or longer .My husband and I get a lawyer involved should I ask him to talk to the insurance to get me a car rental or take over my car rental bill???

The rental should be paid by insurance if provided for in the policy. It will still go in your name since you are the one who will have the car.
If the other insurance company isn't paying for damages get your own insurance to cover it. Your insurance can go after the other company for reimbursement.
Any out of pocket expenses you incur can be recovered in court if you sue the other driver or insurance company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back