1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Unwanted baby with a girl I stayed 3 nights

Discussion in 'Child Support' started by Sam2016, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Sam2016

Sam2016 Law Topic Starter New Member

Thank you it was helpful. I'm a permanent resident now. Do you think it will influence on my citizenship?

2. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? She can't access your money unless she's on your accounts. How will a judge decide what?

3. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

Each state has a way of figuring CS. A couple of states do a flat percentage of the NCP's income. Others rely on an income shared model, where CS is figured from what both parents make as income. It's all pretty cut-n-dried. Income is usually verified by IRS tax forms that both parents provide. But until/if Mom files, don't worry about it.

4. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Probably not.

5. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

This does not impact your citizenship.

For now, go about your life and if she files for child support or to establish paternity, get thee to a family law attorney. You can have paternity established at that point.

As for support, if one parent has significant assets, then yes, that can be used to help figure CS due. Think actor or athlete who "retired" early so isn't earning a paycheck, or only earning a small amount but has millions in the bank. Your typical savings account with a rainy day fund is "safe".