unsafe lane change?HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbedagain

The state or country I am talking about is: California

I was coming up on intersection traveling @ 35mph officer at least 1/4+mile behind me only other car any where was stopped at intersection Light turned green I switched lanes went thru intersection and switched lane back to where I was leaving at least 3 car lengths of a distance between car and mine. I look in my rear view officer driving very fast comes up on me and tailgates me for at least 1/4+mile then lights and sirens me. Comes to me door ask for my paper work, I as why he is pulling me over, for not using my blinker and then puts me on the spot asks me where I am going and why did I feel that I didn't need to use my blinker and who am I to feel I didn't need to....I was speachless! Walks back to his car, did I say he also had a ride along in his car, a 2nd officer pulls up coming from Mcdonalds and they stand there a laugh and carry on for 10-15min. he then returns to my car with officer from 2 nd car, I ask him if he could please give me a warning I felt he was being really harsh about this, at this point he gets in my face and asks me if I was trying to argue with him? Help what to do? :eek:

California Traffic Ticket

I as why he is pulling me over, for not using my blinker

You are required to use your turn signals when you change lanes. I know that many people do not but that is the law and you got caught.

In about two weeks you should receive a courtesy notice advising that you are eligible for traffic school. This is the option that most people in California choose since it keeps the ticket off your record. Most courts also accept California Online Traffic School. Here is a link for more information:

California Online Traffic School

actually, you only have to signal if someone's there. CVC 22100. Look it up. I think someone has to be within 100 ft behind you, and reasonably affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back