Unreturned goods

BeachBall73

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I purchased yard materials that were not delivered on time so I cancelled the order. I received credit on my charge card for the materials. Two days later the materials showed up in my driveway but I can't use them. After 4 calls to customer service and speaking once directly to the store manager (they're local), the 3 dates they were supposed to remove the materials have all come and gone. The items are still sitting in my driveway, going on 3 weeks. How long do I wait until I can have the materials removed on my own without having repercussions from the company? The right thing to do is to have the company take back the materials but I'm getting tired of lack of communication and action from the company. What can I do if the company fails to take action? Thank you.

You might put the request in writing too, if you are patient enough to wait.
Otherwise you can pay someone to haul it away and try to recoup the expense from the store, through small claims if it becomes necessary.
If it ever gets that far you'd be best off to have your demand/request in writing.
I too would be extremely annoyed by this.

It's possible they are just considering it a loss and expecting you to keep it rather than pay someone to go shovel it back on to a truck.
To me that would also be unacceptable.

It's possible they are just considering it a loss and expecting you to keep it rather than pay someone to go shovel it back on to a truck.
To me that would also be unacceptable.
Could be. They've ensured and promised to have the material removed 3 times. The only commo has been initiated by me. Maybe they are expecting me to keep it. If that's the case, sure wish they'd say so.

You might put the request in writing too, if you are patient enough to wait.
Otherwise you can pay someone to haul it away and try to recoup the expense from the store, through small claims if it becomes necessary.
If it ever gets that far you'd be best off to have your demand/request in writing.
I too would be extremely annoyed by this.
Good advice, thank you!

Definitely in writing and send certified. Be very specific. After notifying you on 3 other occasions, this is your final notice. Lack of response on your part will be considered permission to dispose of the materials. If not picked up by xxx date I will dispose of the following materials. You may be able to sell the materials to someone who will haul them away.

Back