Unpaid wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathonjenkins

I've been a full time employee of a company since last February. In August of last year, the company ran out of money to pay the employees. I have received a little money "just enough to make critical bills" after exhausting my savings and using part of my 401k. Now, the company still doesn't have money and has not given me a clear indication of when I will receive 4 months back pay. I'm at wits end, wondering if I'll ever receive the over $50,000 (pre-tax) that I've worked for. Can you give me any suggestions as to what kinds of options I might have?

In some states the Department of Labor actually helps employees in these cases. Contact yours and find out what they or you can do.

Should your companies have filed bankruptcy have a look here:

http://www.las-elc.org/empbankrupt.pdf

Last edited:
File suit

I know this post was a while ago... when things are going down hill at a company and your base pay is not showing up. You need to move quick...

#1. Find a new job!
#2. Send a demand letter to the CEO and other officers
#3. File a complaint with your Dept of Labor.
#4. Resign in good standing
#5. File a lawsuit

My advise is you should never stick around long enough to let $50K add up... however, $50,000 is too much to let go, file suit against the owners personally.

Companies can & do go out of business... and everyone looses. Employees, Creditors, etc. You need to get out faster... when your base pay is in question, leave... quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back