Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft unlawful

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepabukki

My best friend was working as a cashier for 5 months when one day she arrived at work; and was placed under arrest, for credit card theft and fraud. She told me that when the police arrived they did not notified on what she was being arrested for untill they put her inside of the police car. Next the officer told her that it was theft of a credit card which she has no clue of what they were talking about. She also stated that the officer said that they have her on camera buying items with the card , but not taking(stealing) the card. I really do not understand how they can see you buying something off a credit card but not stealing it. I know my friend did not do this but i'm just scared because this is her first charge and she's in school to become a doctor.in addition the police and everybody scaring her that she will not get a job because she was charge with a felony.
what should she do?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Some CC machines still print the card # and expiration date on the receipt. That is all you need to make a purchase, simply punch those numbers and the transaction amount into the machine, some will even recall the last transaction so that it can be ran again. All they need is her on tape manually entering a number, and the credit card transaction data. Then it's just a matter of matching up the times, and the owner of the card saying they didn't authorize the transaction, and the store not possessing a sign copy of the receipt showing that the owner did authorize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back