Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Unknown drug possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlacey

The other day my son was driving his car when he was stopped by a DPS officer. He had inadvertently cut a woman off when the power steering went out in the car. The DPS officer found a small amount of marijuana in the car. Unfortunately, this was his. He continued to search the car, my son told him that he did have prescription medicine he would find. He than showed my son a bag of meth and said, "well, who does this belong to?" My son was driving with his friend, but the meth did not belong to either of them. Because my son was the driver, he was arrested and charged with a Class 4 Felony, Possession of a Dangerous Drug. He was also charged with the marijuana. It looks like he is going to be convicted of a felony. He isn't sure but thinks the owner of the meth was someone he gave a ride to earlier that day. The man was a mere acquaintance and he didn't know his last name nor where he was going. How can my son get out of this? Although he is guilty of the marijuana, he's completely innocent of the meth, but how can this be proven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back