Unjust Repo

Status
Not open for further replies.

graduate

I purchased a used vehicle from a buy here pay here dealer. Within 2 weeks they sold the loan to a finance company. Within 2 months I've had countless problems with the vehicle. I contacted the finance company to make them aware of the problems, find out my options, and to notify them of my plans to move. The woman from the finance company told me contact the dealer to see if they'd fix the car, and they needed to know the address where the car would be located since I was moving. (The latest issue with the car was bad oil leak, the day before I was moving I found out the oil pan was cracked. My plans were to leave the car in Florida. Let my father get the vehicle checked out to see the amount of money it would cost to repair the car, so that I could determine if I want to do a voluntary repo or just get it fixed). After I informed the company rep of the crack in the oil pan she asked me if I wanted to keep the car. I told her I'd have to discuss the matter with my parents and I'd give her a call the next day. I told her I was leaving my car in florida at this time so I gave her my best friends address. I parked my car in his parking garage. I received a text next morning from my bestfriend saying my car was missing. Both of us are shocked, we didn't know if it was towed because it didn't have a decal, or stolen. I called the finance company to alert them and because they have a gps tracking system on it and the representitive told me it was repossessed. I ask why and she told me I'd have to speak with upper management and I asked her did she know this was possible and she said yes. I spoke with upper management today and asked her why did they repossess my car, she told me it was a voluntary repossession. I told her at no point in time did I give them permission to take the car, I told the rep I had to discuss it with my parents because I know the adverse effect it can have on my credit. I informed her the rep told me I had to give them the address where the car was located and I did..at that point she got loud with me and told me that's not where they picked up the vehicle, I corrected her and told her yes it was because that's where I parked it. My bestfriend has a car of his own "without mechanical issues," he lives downtown so he walks to work, and he or I don't know anyone that lives in the area where she says the car was picked up. I have no idea why they are stating the car was picked up at a different location (I'm wondering if it was because it was a secure parking garage that they were not supposed to enter in the first place) and secondly the repo was absolutely not voluntary ( I still had items in the car as well as my tag on it.) She told me I had 10 days from a notice they mailed and have to pay $493 to redeem my car. I know my story is long but legally where do I go from here.......Thanks for listening.

There is more to your story you're not telling us. You bought a car that you were not satisfied with and you discussed the matter with the company who loaned you money to buy the car. They don't care about whether the car works, only about getting paid. My guess is that you didn't pay the finance company and hoped to rescind the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back