Unjust claims of property

Shane Owens

Jurisdiction
Nevada
After investing for some time now I have reason to believe my mother may have laid claim to inheritance that was once meant for my now deceased father. I have found evidence of her placing a lien on the estates property meant for him. Do I have a legal case against my mother for any funds aquired from said lien?

Do I have a legal case against my mother for any funds aquired from said lien?

That question needs to be posed to a licensed attorney in the state where the dispute arose.

There is very little help an internet site can provide, other than the obvious, hire an attorney to seek a legal solution, assuming one exists.

After investing for some time now I have reason to believe my mother may have laid claim to inheritance that was once meant for my now deceased father. I have found evidence of her placing a lien on the estates property meant for him. Do I have a legal case against my mother for any funds aquired from said lien?
Huh? A legal case? Why do you think you are entitled to any monies your Mother collected from her legal action?

You have provided no details that would indicate you have a viable case.

After investing for some time now I have reason to believe

What reason?

my mother may have laid claim to inheritance

What inheritance?

once meant for my now deceased father.

When did your father die?

From whom was he to inherit?

I have found evidence

What evidence?

of her placing a lien on the estates property

What property? When was the lien placed? What did the lien say? Do you have a copy of the lien document?

All of the above questions are likely to be some of the questions asked of you by an attorney after you pay him a retainer.

After investing for some time now

Investing in what? What does you investing in something have to do with your mother inheriting money from someone?

I have reason to believe my mother may have laid claim to inheritance that was once meant for my now deceased father.

An inheritance from whom? When did the person die? What do you mean when you say the inheritance "was once meant for [your] now deceased father"? When did your father die? How old were you when your father died? Did your father have a will? If so, did it leave his entire estate to his wife (your mother)? Or did it provide something else?

I have found evidence of her placing a lien on the estates property meant for him.

What sort of lien? A lien based on what?

Answer my questions and those asked by others above and I or others may be able to offer some insight into this.

Back