Union Rep Lied

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgeofjungle

I worked for a call center. The conditions there were bad and getting worse. I decided to attempt to form a union. I called a communications union. The union rep stated that all incidents of harassment needed to be documented and turned in to him; he would turn them in to the NLRB. Everyone on the formation committee was harassed and we all turned in each incident reports. Some of the incidents were minor, some involving me were actual physical intimidation. We were not able to form a union because employees were afraid of losing their jobs.

I was not really fired but the company refuse to let me go back to work. I filed for Unemployment insurance. It was then I discovered Joe (the union rep) did not submit any of the incident reports to the NLRB. I asked for copies of those reports for my hearing and subpeonad him to attend. He refused both and went on vacation. The hearing officer refused to uphold the subpeonas and I was forced to appeal. I won but the hearing officer only allowed Joe to testify. He told the hearing officer that there was never any real attempt to organize and he did not submit the incident reports because there was really not harassment. I personally was followed everywhere I went, were were told we would be fired if we formed a union, we were given excessive work loads, the list goes on. To top it off Joe told everyone he submitted those incident reports.

I lost a big chunk of my unemployment insurance. In two claims it cost me $10000.00.

Can I take any legal action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back