union annuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm56

hi
I divorced my husband over 10 years ago at the time of our divorce and stated in my divorce I am to get 55% of his annuity. I have contacted his local and have been told I have to wait until he turns 55 years old or retires or becomes disable before I can get this money. I don't understand if I have to go by his unions rules then I am over 55 yrs so why can't I have the money. I have had 3 attorneys and none have them done any thing for me just took my money I was told by his union that I needed a QUADRO which I have given to them but still no money they tell me it is in an account not in my name just put aside if my ex-husband should die I will get nothing. The union local that my ex belongs to he would have not gotten into with out me you need to be sponsered by someone in the local and my sisters husband sponsered him so basiclly he owes me. Is there anything anyone can tell me to do to get my money I have tried everything I know that ex wives before me got their money and my ex has agreed to give me this. His local thinks that if they put me through enough aggrivation I will just give up but that is not going to happen. Is there anyway I can take my ex to court and have him give me what he agreed to at the time of our divorce. I have been trying to get this money for over 5 years now any help would be greatly appriciated

Why do you think you don't have to follow the rules that everyone else has to?

what I am saying is if I have to go by thier rules which say you can recieve your money when you turn 55 and since I am 55 why can't I have the money that is set aside for me?

This is not legal Advice!

You said you have had three lawyers already look at this case, they are a lot more familier with the case and can't do anything. Maybe this is the reason. You quote: "I divorced my husband over 10 years ago at the time of our divorce and stated in my divorce I am to get 55% of his annuity"

When HE turns 55 you can get you fill but just because you are 55 makes know odds you are trying to get HIS annuity and he is not yet 55. Underlining fact. If you are not happy with your legal advice you have had, there is no real point asking here because we do not know all the facts of this case. I suggest you take the leagal advice you have already had and byde your time.

This is proberbly not what you wanted to here and no mallice is meant.

Good luck with you quest.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back