Unfairly suspended from school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck2u

My 11 year old daughter was suspended from school yesterday for causing injury to another student. She engaged in horseplay with her friend. She pushed her friends head down while she was getting a drink of water. Her friend broke her front tooth on the steel drinking fountain. Yes, my daughter was responsible but does it warrent a suspension? My daughter has never received discipline and her teacher admits the injury was unintended.
The school (a former medical building) has plastic drinking fountains in the building that are flexible. The outdoor fountain installed by the school is steel and more dangerous in a situation like this.
The teacher told me no other students had been suspended for a horseplay incident like this.

Last edited:
Q: Yes, my daughter was responsible but does it warrent a suspension?

A: Yes. Permanent physical damage to another student is grounds for suspension.

sounds to me the suspension was deserved. She injured the girl and not to mention, the girl now has a chipped tooth. You can probably expect to be sued civilly for that to get it fixed. Schools have a zero tolerance for this stuff, even if it was accidental.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional; doesn't matter if the damage could have been more severe. Doesn't even matter if they don't usually suspend kids for horseplay. I don't see anything remotely unfair about the suspension, let alone illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back