Unfair PDR rates - worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

devdutt

Dear the Law team

Thank you very much for setting such a good system in place for confused people like me who have little knowledge around their employment rights.

I came across a very simple yet worrying situation in the current climate.

I work with a multidisciplinary company. We do planning, engineering, transport, energy and design related projects.

We generally work with a set budget on each project, a fixed fee. To manage it more efficiently we have a PDR system in place that works out a charge-out rate for individuals counting their salary, position, utilisation, profit etc. Fixed fee divided by PDR rate gives us number of hours that each one can dedicate to each project.

Recently I noticed that my PDR rate is equivalent to the Director position, although I get paid as a senior member of the team. This means a large amount of profit to my company and less hours for me to dedicate on each project. In current climate if my PDR rates are high and I have less hours on projects my utilisation will go down and I may face trouble, may be they can make me redundant too.

I am really worried. What should I do? It can be an error that everyone overlooked or it is a planned strategy to protect other members against me? Generally I face language discrimination in my team and they do not seem happy with my questioning approach.

Please help me here, I would be grateful.

Kind regards

Devdutt

I have never heard of PDR in those contexts. The Premium Deficiency Reserve (PDR) is a tool used by Health Care Plans to set aside monies to offset deficient premium rates for certain accounts and/or for segments (large group, small group, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back