Unfair HOA Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnue978

I am a real esate agent from massachusetts and have a condo that has been approved for a short sale. The HOA has hired an attorney and he is charging an outrages fee for his service. (for example) Owner is 8 months late, he owes the HOA $2,200- the Attorney is charging $2,300- all hes done is sent a couple of certified letters and Im not quite sure if he has even recorded the lien. We have managed to get $4,000- this comes from lender, buyer and seller. The HOA attorney refuses to take the $4,000. He keeps telling us that his clients will not take anything less than owed. His clients will get their full payment, he on the other hand is talking about his money. I think this is very unfair. If he does not cooperate (which he has not) the property will go into foreclosure. I would like some advise and would like to know if theres any place I can call to complaint. I have also contacted the association and they claim that there is nothing they can do. I was also told that the association is a non-profit organization. Can this attorney really get away with this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back