Unexpected cost during interview from a company

Status
Not open for further replies.

vihex58115

Hello,

I need advice regarding following. I applied for a job at company as a developer part of the process was to develop application to illustrate your skills. I've rented Azure server to develop my application I asked them should I rent server or build it locally they said it doesn't matter I chose to rent Azure server during development their Company also used those servers for testing my work and application I've built and this process is lasting now from January without them giving me answer are they hiring me even though I was on two interviews and they said they will hire me. Am I allowed to ask them to pay for Azure server because they have been payed out my pocket without me knowing that this would take 5 months and now they are not answering my emails.

I asked them should I rent server or build it locally they said it doesn't matter I chose to rent Azure server ...
Why should they be responsible for your choice to spend this money?

What US state are you located in? What US state is the other party located in?

Am I allowed to ask them to pay for Azure server

Sure, you're allowed to "ask." But I don't see anything in your story that would remotely obligate them to pay for it.

now they are not answering my emails.

Well, there's is this remarkable invention called a telephone that enables you to call somebody up and talk voice to voice.

Call up and you'll find out fast enough whether you got the job or not. And if they duck your calls, that should tell you that you didn't.

It occurs to me that this could have been a scam to get you to build an application for them so I hope you built in a back door so you can get in and shut it down if you have to.

Of course, you allowed to ask. I have no idea though why you think they should.

That would be like someone asking to have a would-be employer pay for printing up your resume.

The cost has gone over 300 euros over this span of my application. Thank you for the advice guys I just thought I could ask for payment because I didn't expect the cost and it was suggested when talking over the emails

Sure, you're allowed to "ask." But I don't see anything in your story that would remotely obligate them to pay for it.

Well, there's is this remarkable invention called a telephone that enables you to call somebody up and talk voice to voice.

Call up and you'll find out fast enough whether you got the job or not. And if they duck your calls, that should tell you that you didn't.

It occurs to me that this could have been a scam to get you to build an application for them so I hope you built in a back door so you can get in and shut it down if you have to.

Possibly. I didn't think much of it and didn't expect the cost or from them to ignore me after two interviews and 5 months of working honestly. I was working ten hours a day just to make sure I finish application and get the job

The cost has gone over 300 euros over this span of my application. Thank you for the advice guys I just thought I could ask for payment because I didn't expect the cost and it was suggested when talking over the emails

Since you mentioned Euros you should know that this site is specifically for US law.

But you also said it was mentioned in emails. Who mentioned it?

Of course, you allowed to ask. I have no idea though why you think they should.

That would be like someone asking to have a would-be employer pay for printing up your resume.
You are probably correct. I was just wondering if someone has similar issues and is there anything I can do about it. I found another job in mean time because I couldn't wait for a response for that long especially times like this

What US state are you located in? What US state is the other party located in?

No US state, mate.

Magic 8 Ball says, CROATIA and SPAM come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back