Unethical Hiring Process Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseyGal

My jurisdiction is: Georgia

My husband went through two interviews at our local home depot. He told them that he had two felonies that occurred 17 years ago. The manager said oh that is ok we only go back 7 years on our background check so if there isn't anything within that time it is ok. The manager was so excited he called his manager to get an approval to offer him $14 hr to start as he has over 35 years of construction experience. Last word he said was welcome aboard.

Then my husband went to get his drug test, which he passed then got a call from the human resources office at the local home depot telling him they were still waiting on the background check papers from corporate.
A few days later we receive the Lexis Nexis Choice Point report in the mail and as we suspected the old felonies were listed. They were non violent or drug related, only the lowest class nothing huge . Anyways it said on the last page that he did not meet the home depot requirements and they said he was not hired. No other reason nothing!

He called and spoke with the local human resources girl and she said she didn't know why they didnt' hire him, but there was nothing she could do. The manager also said the same thing.

There is NOTHING else on his record except the old felonies nothing recent anywhere. How can they use that against him if they say they ONLY go back 7 years??????

He is completely devastated as we all are, he so needed this job. How can they do this? It cannot be legal.

What can be done about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back