Unemployment

Nick DeMattia

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I lost my job DUA sent a questionnaire to my employer which they never responded, then I was collecting unemployment from that employer. I had then got a job lost that job and went to reopen my claim and DUA resent a questionnaire to my old employer that did not respond the first time. Now the same thing happened. My old employer had to Jan.4 to get back the questionnaire and the company I was just separated from had til Jan. 8th. It has been 5 weeks since my claim was reopened and still waiting is this legal for them to do with the first employer since I was already collecting from them.

is this legal for them to do with the first employer since I was already collecting from them.

It's not exactly clear what you are asking. I think you are asking if it is legal for the DUA to send the questionnaire again to the first employer. If that is what you are asking the answer is yes since there is no law that says the DUA can't do that. Sure, the agency might be duplicating work that it did when you applied before you got the second job, but aside from that there isn't anything I see here that would be a problem for you and certainly nothing that violates your rights in any way.

So what you are saying thou I was already collecting from the first employer and my unemployment did not run out till 6/21. So I get punished for getting a job then having to reopen my claim, because if I did not get employment I would still be collecting. Now if I do not fill out the questionnaire that DUA sends me I forfeit my unemployment benefits. Sounds to me the system is broken.

When you made the first claim the first employer mentioned was the "Last Employer" and possibly the "Base period employer." This second time around the first employer is the "Base period employer" and the second employer is the "Last Employer". The forms sent to the two employers are different. The "Last Employer" form is more detailed and often includes more than one form.

Since you weren't disqualified the first time around there is very little chance that what the first employer puts on the Base period form will have any effect on you.

You don't mention why you are no longer employed by the second employer. That likely has more to do with why you aren't getting UI payments than anything else.

When you made the first claim the first employer mentioned was the "Last Employer" and possibly the "Base period employer." This second time around the first employer is the "Base period employer" and the second employer is the "Last Employer". The forms sent to the two employers are different. The "Last Employer" form is more detailed and often includes more than one form.

Since you weren't disqualified the first time around there is very little chance that what the first employer puts on the Base period form will have any effect on you.

You don't mention why you are no longer employed by the second employer. That likely has more to do with why you aren't getting UI payments than anything else.
The second employer said they were letting me go for not following directions. I was there for only two months. I was given no warning by management just told one day we decided to let you go.

The second employer said they were letting me go for not following directions. I was there for only two months. I was given no warning by management just told one day we decided to let you go.
That employer has not sent back the questionnaire they had til Jan.8th I sent my questionnaire back Still waiting it has been 5 weeks

Not following your employer's directions is called willful misconduct and will disqualify you from unemployment.
Did you get your sense from a cracker jack box. Thats their opinion I wasn't let go not following a company rule. I should not have to mention what those policies are every company uses the same ones.

Did you get your sense from a cracker jack box. Thats their opinion I wasn't let go not following a company rule. I should not have to mention what those policies are every company uses the same ones.

What are you talking about? It's completely false to say that every company uses the same policies. Even sense obtained from a Cracker Jack box exceeds the sense contained in your post.

Back