Unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

David061689

I am about to get put in to rehab due to a probation violation. Will I be able to collect unemployment so I can help my girlfriend to continue to pay our bills. I have a job where I am salaried but they will not pay me when I'm not working obviously.

I am about to get put in to rehab due to a probation violation. Will I be able to collect unemployment so I can help my girlfriend to continue to pay our bills. I have a job where I am salaried but they will not pay me when I'm not working obviously.

Unemployment is NOT disability.

Unemployment is paid to assist an unemployed person who is actively seeking employment.

It is ultimately up to NY State, but I doubt that your situation (which appears to be medically related) qualifies for unemployment.

If you had a car accident and were unable to work because of your injuries, you would NOT be able to collect unemployment.

Isn't that much like your situation?

You might see whether you have disability insurance through your employer.

Otherwise, I don't think your situation qualifies for UI payments.

No, you will not be eligible for unemployment. To be able to collect unemployment, you must be able to work, actively looking for work and available to accept work if offered.

NY is one of the very few states where disability benefits are mandatory for most employers - either through your employer or the state. You *may* be eligible for disability benefits. It doesn't pay a lot - the MAXIMUM benefit is $170 a week, but it's about the only option you've got unless you bought private disability insurance or your employer did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back