Unemployment issue

Bria

Jurisdiction
Delaware
I applied for unemployment because I was laid off from safeway. I put the wrong employer on the application, I assumed it was Albertsons because they do own safeway but NAI Saturn eastern LLC was my employer. Somebody from unemployment called me on the 29th of November and I couldn't understand the voicemail she left so I called the local office three times that same day to find out who called and why, each time their system was down. I called back on the 30th and whoever I talked to said "everything was fine". I believed her and dropped it. Days later I got a letter stating that I was denied because I "failed to contact the local office Within 48 hours". I appealed, at the appeal hearing I explained the whole situation although I did not have phone records to prove that I did call. The unemployment representative then said that "I did not call the 'proper' phone number."... I was denied again. Now I have a board appeal and I printed out the phone records that prove I did call within 48 hours. Does anyone have advice? Should I bring any more proof?

It seems you are already doing the best you can.
The appeal is mostly regarding benefits dating back to your initial application. You might see if you can reapply with the correct information from the current date while you work out the appeal to back date it a few weeks.

Back