unemployment concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenb0201

I got unexpectedly laid off in Florida and i filled for unemployment. Now it says my availability to work is under investigation. I applied on the 12 and it is now the 22. Can anyone give me some insight on whats going on. I was arrested but it was months ago and i didnt even miss work for it. They already told me what my weekly benefit amount isbut i havent gotten my card or the letter in the mail it just tells me that on the UI site . That means im approved right? My savings is gone and im kind of freaking out. Any help would be appreciated.

You must be actively seeking work in order to be eligible for benefits. Are you? If you just applied 10 days ago, it is going to be a bit before benefits come through, even if approved. As none of us processed your claim, we have no way of knowing if it has been approved or not.

I got unexpectedly laid off in Florida and i filled for unemployment. Now it says my availability to work is under investigation. I applied on the 12 and it is now the 22. Can anyone give me some insight on whats going on. I was arrested but it was months ago and i didnt even miss work for it. They already told me what my weekly benefit amount isbut i havent gotten my card or the letter in the mail it just tells me that on the UI site . That means im approved right? My savings is gone and im kind of freaking out. Any help would be appreciated.

It could mean they're investigating the CAUSE of your arrest, and ANY underlying crimes.

If one was arrested for STEALING MONEY from their register, or merchandise off the dock, subsequently fired; one MIGHT be I eligible for unemployment.

If one, for example said they were laid off as the reason for them being out of work, but was FIRED for THEFT; could mean trouble. Trouble as in perjury.

Or, one was fired for missing work because they were in jail, being arrested for a DUI, for another example. But, one told the BIG BAD BOSS LADY, one was sick with Ebola, for instance.

Well, if SILLY SUPERVISOR discovered one was lying, see what I'm saying?

Who knows? THE AUTHORITIES in Florida know.
Ask them for the real skinny.

Last edited:
In my state, which admittedly is not yours, a perfectly clean claim where there is no possible question of the applicant qualifying and which the employer is not contesting, can still take as long as four weeks between the day the claim is filed and the day the first check is received. It could have nothing whatsoever to do with your past arrest and is just a routine check that they do on everyone. It's way too early to panic.

We have no way of knowing exactly what is going on or if you have actually been approved. You will have to check or wait until you hear something further. As noted, even if approved, it is probably too soon to be receiving checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back