Unemployment Appeal Is Scheduled as 3-Way Conference Call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN61

My jurisdiction is: Indiana USA

Hi Everyone,
Great information here, I have been reading over an hour and have already learned much more than I expected. Thank You

I am researching info for my son in laws unemployment appeal,
He received letter for appeal is for a 3 way conference call. With my son in law, employer rep? and judge?

I Never heard of ? I understand What a great way to be more efficient, really.
My daughters husband does have a little trouble communicating.

A judge is to call 31st 10:30 a 3 way call for an appeal, after waiting 16 weeks?

Me Concerned for my daughter of course, in this type of situation would it
be a good idea to write to the judge that will be calling him ahead of time
with information explaining his case better?
He was with company 4 yrs.

Anyone, Advice Suggestions, I was searching for basic questions that are asked during an appeal to include in letter.?

Do you think a letter is ok before this call?

Thank-you
Respectfully.,
Kn61

No. You absolutely, positively do not send a letter before the call explaining the situation. There will be plenty of opportunity to do that during the call.

reply to cbj

Hi cbg,
Thanks a bunch, I'm so glad I asked, I think a good time to exit, and get back to my biz
and stay out of theirs.
Love the mom in laws,

Sincerely thank-you for being straight forward,
It is greatly appreciated
kn61

Having a three-way call is not unheard of in unemployment cases due to numerous factors, specifically the distance needed to travel by either party to attend the hearing. Normally, UC Referee offices are pockmarked around the state and just because a local Service Center handled the case, does not mean the Referee's office will be locally centered. As for submitting an additional letter to explain the case, I don't see a real need for it. Just make sure that he discusses all of the points he wants to elaborate on with the Referee during the proceeding. After the Referee hearing, he CAN NOT submit additional information to be considered by the next appeal level. All things MUST be submitted to the Referee prior to the hearing. Most people will fax these items to the office, but sometimes a telephone call or mailing will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back