Unemloyment with hands injure

meminhthuy

hi,

I broke both my arms a year ago. i was able get back to work but both arms get hurt. it is okay with same amount of work before the accident. So if i quit my current job and stay home for sometimes, will i qualify for unemployment benefits? I am living in Texas.

Thank you.

hi,

I broke both my arms a year ago. i was able get back to work but both arms get hurt. it is okay with same amount of work before the accident. So if i quit my current job and stay home for sometimes, will i qualify for unemployment benefits? I am living in Texas.

Thank you.

To echo cbg's comments, unemployment will likely be deined if you just quit.

However, if your arms are causing you pain, such that you are unable to perform routine tasks; its time to consult your medical practitioner about the pain you're feeling.

We don't know if your injury last year was related to workers comp.

If workers comp covered that injury, it MIGHT be possible to see if that claim can be reopened.
You can look into that by talking with a local workers comp lawyer.

You can also talk to a lawyer that assists people in obtaining disability through Social Security.

That process takes a long time, but any lawyer practicing in the area of assisting people with obtaining disability can explain it to you in detail.

I hope your problem gets better, but don't wait on improvement, be proactive to ensure your health needs are met, and you can keep your finances flowing.

To echo cbg's comments, unemployment will likely be deined if you just quit.

However, if your arms are causing you pain, such that you are unable to perform routine tasks; its time to consult your medical practitioner about the pain you're feeling.

We don't know if your injury last year was related to workers comp.

If workers comp covered that injury, it MIGHT be possible to see if that claim can be reopened.
You can look into that by talking with a local workers comp lawyer.

You can also talk to a lawyer that assists people in obtaining disability through Social Security.

That process takes a long time, but any lawyer practicing in the area of assisting people with obtaining disability can explain it to you in detail.

I hope your problem gets better, but don't wait on improvement, be proactive to ensure your health needs are met, and you can keep your finances flowing.

thank you Amry judge. I did not open claim for my injury last year. After my treatment for few months, I came back to work since then.

Back