Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Underage Drinking Citation in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chels819

Hello, I am 20 years old and I recently received a citation for underage drinking. I was a passenger in a car with a sober driver, who was pulled over in a 'traffic stop.' My main question is that I was wondering if it is still possible for me to plead not guilty on the citation if it says on the citation
"admits to drinking at _____ bar," which I did do, but I wasn't sure if by saying this it makes me automatically guilty. I was breathalyzed but they never got a reading, but it does say on it that there was "smell of alcohol on breath." I would definitely like to have the trial since I am pursuing a degree in teaching and can't have this on my record. Thanks so much!

I too am in the exact same boat as you but possibly worse. I am a PSU student and 20 years old. I got an underage this weekend for holding a beer in my hand, they then breathalyzed me and i blew a .1 . I am pursing a degree in elementary education. This is my first offense. Am I done for in this field? Can I get this expunged and then no school districts/certifications could see it? Any suggestions as to what to do?

Last edited:
Did you receive a citation? If so, I would send it in not guilty (that is what I did) - then if a "trial" is held then there is a chance of getting it knocked down to something such as a disorderly conduct. But, I did find a link through IUP saying that they cannot use underage drinking as a criteria in getting a job in the school system. It won't let me post the link but just go on google, type in "IUP underage drinking and education" and it should come up.

-Hope this helps...let me know if you find anything else!

i'm not sure if your areas have this but in indiana we have a deferral program. which it will cost you a bit extra now, but if you can make it until your 21 without any other problems it is cleared from your record. the only downside is the extra money and if you get another one within your deferral period then you get stuck with both and an extra fine. you should be able to call your prosocuters office and they should be able to help you with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back