Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Underage Consumption in Knoxville

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0il

The following is a 100% true account of events that transpired on April 23rd at 2 AM.

I was inside a 4th floor apartment when I heard a great deal of noise outside in the parking lot. I went outside and lit up a cigarette upon discovering that Knoxville police was breaking up a party being held at the pool of the apartment complex. I was watching with one other individual. There were approximately 60 people walking away from the party that was being broken up. It was around the time that I made this estimation that my cigarette was blown out of my hand by a sudden gust of wind. I was mildly irritated by this occurance and went inside to find another cigarette. I had been looking for roughly two minutes when police officers knocked on the door and entered. I heard the officers enter the apartment from upstairs and went downstairs to see what was going on. It was at this point that I was handcuffed and led downstairs. I repeatedly (and quite vigorously) asked why I was being detained. Upon being leaned up against the police vehicle, I was told that I had thrown a cigarette at a police officer. Apparently, when I dropped my cigarette earlier, it had struck a police officer directly on their head. I was, needless to say, awestruck. I apologized and attempted to reinforce that the incident was an accident. The officer I had apparently struck asked me why I had not come downstairs when asked. I replied that I received no instructions to come downstairs as I had gone directly inside after dropping my cigarette to find another one. I was told that I had disregarded a lawful order and had littered. I expressed my remose profusely.
It was at this point that another officer began asking me questions. I was asked the following questions: "Have you had any beer to drink?" I said "No, and if you don't believe me I suggest you give me a breathalyzer test". He replied that their unit was not equipped with one. "Have you had any liqour to drink?" I said "No". "Have you been drinking alcohol this evening?" I said, "No". I was sweating profusely, and I assumed the officer noticed this, because he remarked that I looked tired. He then asked me: "How much have you had to drink this evening?" I replied, "Not much". These two words, it turns out, are what got me an Underage Consumption charge. I am 19 years old. I expressed my disbelief. He asked me if I would like him to play the tape for me.
I shut my mouth after that.
I can say with absolute conviction that I was not drinking. I'm morally opposed to such activity and am a card-carrying Eagle Scout, if that matters. :(

Violations are as follows:
Littering (Threw Cigarette Onto Officer)
Disregarding a Lawful Order
Underage Consumption

My court date is in a month. I have a witness who can affirm that I did not hear the officer's order to come downstairs.
Do I have any chance at getting any of these dropped? Aside from littering I mean, even if it was unintentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back