Underage citation for marijuana

C

chickenNuggets

Jurisdiction
Maryland
I recently received a citation for Marijuana. When I attend the SASCA meeting or the diversion program, is it my parents decision to put me into drug counseling or treatment?

I recently received a citation for Marijuana. When I attend the SASCA meeting or the diversion program, is it my parents decision to put me into drug counseling or treatment?

They can make you go to treatment and they probably should.

Did you have anything to do with drug court? Drug Court Programs

Juvenile Drug Court
The Mission of the Worcester County JDC is to reduce crime and eliminate alcohol and drug use among youth participating in the program, to improve juvenile and family functioning, and to increase community safety, through a caring, integrated, and strength-based approach that includes comprehensive service delivery, intensive court supervision, and enhanced accountability.

Juvenile Drug Court (JDC) is a post-adjudication, post-disposition court-managed, drug and alcohol treatment program for youth who are committing crimes due to problems with substance use/abuse. It is a 4-phase, 10-15 month program for adolescents who have committed an offense(s) due to their problems with drugs and/or alcohol. This program is a team effort that involves the Circuit Court, State's Attorney's Office, Office of the Public Defender, Worcester County Health Department, Worcester County Board of Education, Department of Juvenile Services, and Local Law Enforcement.

It would probably behoove you to go to treatment while on diversion so that you don't end up using again and screw yourself on the diversion and end up with the charge. Drugs are bad 'mkay?

Back