uncontested forfeiture question

Status
Not open for further replies.

guttergirlz

The police came onto a property subsequent to a viable search warrant, they found illegal substances on the property and arrested someone thinking they resided there. The cops also confiscated property (guns and cash) under the grounds the property was used in connection with the illegal substances found.

The person arrested actually did not reside there, and I'm not positive but I think the charges are going to be dropped against them.

His son, who also lived on the property, but in another trailer, completely seperate from where the illegal substances were found. The guns confiscated were his, and he just received notice of "Pending Forfeiture Making Uncontested Forfeiture Available".

My question is can they arrest him if he claims the weapons? Is that even possible from a legal standpoint? Can they say the illegal substances were his if he claims the guns since they were in the same location?

Any help greatly appreciated, this kid is only 19 years old, and neither of us has the money to hire an attorney. I don't want to see him get in any trouble since he truly didn't do anything wrong, but I don't want to see him have to give up property unneccesarily either.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back