Uncle was a THIEF!!!! HELP NEEDED ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzytess

This afternoon, my boyfriend discovered a lady stapling a Foreclosure/Auction sign on the house he is renting-to-own. He had asked the lady why is she doing this and how did this happen. Apparently his Uncle, the excutor of the house after his grandmother passed away, had been pocketing the money that my boyfriend had been giving him for the mortgage. He had not told my boyfriend that the house was foreclosed. I'm not sure what the contract said, but from what I have been told was that the uncle was renting out the house to my boyfriend until it was paid off, then it was his to own. This has been going on from sometime now. I would love to see the uncle receive justice on this.

What can we do to put a stop on the foreclosure and auction on the house? The auction is happening Sept. 13.

Last edited:
"What can we do to put a stop on the foreclosure and auction on the house? The auction is happening Sept. 13."

Probably nothing since your BF is not on the title to the home. However, he may want to find a good bankruptcy attorney as he may have an "equitable" interest that can be protected - at least for a short time - if he is more than just a renter. For example, did he enter into a "land contract" as opposed to a "rent with option to purchase" type contract? He needs to pull ALL of the paperwork associated with his "purchase" and meet with an attorney ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back