Consumer Law, Warranties Unauthorized sale of photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcmodel

I signed a model release form for a woman who was offering numerous photographers and models to collabortate with eachother for a photo shoot. She has all the rights to any picture taken during this particular shoot, by all of the photographers who participated. The photographers and models both signed agreements stating that only the (host) Mrs. xyz, obtained the rights to distripute, sell, print, ect... the images taken. Yesterday (12/10/07) I found a photography web site with content of myself posted for sale as individual prints. Some of these photos contain full nudity. I contacted the host of the event, informing her of my findings. Her suggestion was for me to contact the photographer and confront him with the situation. The host still has all of the hard copy contracts on file and was not aware ( nor was I ) that these images were posted for sale purposes on this photographer's web site. I would like to know how to approach this situation. I have two main concerns: one being that the photographer never informed me that his intentions were to sell my pictures online or in any other form of sale and distribution. Nor was I made aware of where to locate any of the images, from this particular photographer, online. My second concern is the nude content of these images. Please guide and inform me of what options I have available to resolve this situation.

I signed a model release form for a woman who was offering numerous photographers and models to collabortate with eachother for a photo shoot. She has all the rights to any picture taken during this particular shoot, by all of the photographers who participated. The photographers and models both signed agreements stating that only the (host) Mrs. xyz, obtained the rights to distripute, sell, print, ect... the images taken. Yesterday (12/10/07) I found a photography web site with content of myself posted for sale as individual prints. Some of these photos contain full nudity. I contacted the host of the event, informing her of my findings. Her suggestion was for me to contact the photographer and confront him with the situation. The host still has all of the hard copy contracts on file and was not aware ( nor was I ) that these images were posted for sale purposes on this photographer's web site. I would like to know how to approach this situation. I have two main concerns: one being that the photographer never informed me that his intentions were to sell my pictures online or in any other form of sale and distribution. Nor was I made aware of where to locate any of the images, from this particular photographer, online. My second concern is the nude content of these images. Please guide and inform me of what options I have available to resolve this situation.

What does your modeling contract say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back