Un-Notarized Quit Claim Deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmende

A friend and I formed a limited partnership and I had transferred $215,000 to friend and his wife (joint account) for a half interest in their property in California. A (joint) quit claim was signed but not notarized. They paid back $65,000 but still owe $150,000. They moved to Florida and I cannot get an answer back from my now ex-friends.

They let me stay in their California house, in lieu of interest on the amount so there is some minor good faith there. They are now selling and forced me to move out.

I have quite a bit of documentation about the property partnership and an un-notarized quit claim. There are two witnesses, one who worked from my ex-friends and one who represented the partnership, who recently passed away. There are numerous second-hand witnesses who were present in both our conversations. There are also many other "shady stories" about their business dealings that motivates me to prevent them from doing this to others.

I am also afraid that the deception part on their end could be defended as "we let you live in our house" or "we didn't know" or we "change our minds and the economy went bad".

My ex-friend is also the president of a water bottling company where I think my money went. He may be leveraging it to get more money and hurt more people.

Do I have a case for false pretenses or fraud? How difficult is it to prove in California where the crime was committed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back