Two weeks notice for reduction of hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country

I asked my employer a month ago to reduce me from 6 days a week to five so I could pursue other activities not work related"..he said I couldn't do that...now they told me I was going to part time and wanted me to submit a two weeks notice from full time to part time ..is that necessary ?...is there some hidden agenda?.. Do I have to?..as a part time employee am I going to choose the days I work or is it going to be what they decide?..because that's the whole reason I need to change my days

The agreement you have, is subject to what they will tolerate. Likely, they want you to give them a part-time letter, to protect them from a UI claim, due to your lower wages.

There are NO circumstances whatsoever under which, by law, they have to allow you to choose your hours. It is ALWAYS up to the employer when you work unless the employer CHOOSES to grant you that right.

is that necessary ? It is if they say it is.

is there some hidden agenda? No possible way for us to know.

Do I have to? If the employer says so, yes.

as a part time employee am I going to choose the days I work or is it going to be what they decide? That's entirely up to your employer

because that's the whole reason I need to change my days It is NOT your right under the law to choose the days you work, regardless of whether you are full time, part time, seasonal, or whatever else. If your employer elects to allow you to choose your days, that's fine, but under NO law is that your right, regardless of your status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back