.TV domain, trademark questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

studioB

I have a start-up company "EXAMPLE.TV" I will be using the domain name as my brand, so I intend to use "EXAMPLE.TV" on everything. My company will provide graphic design services, web design, and produce animation & film for dvd.

However, someone else has already got a trademark for EXAMPLE. They also have the domain EXAMPLE.com where they sell art, paintings on canvas. Their trademark is for "G & S: Art etchings, art pictures, art prints, printed art reproductions, and paintings." But, as far as I can tell, there has been no activity (commerce) on the web site. They posted a few images of paintings but no way to purchase. Seems to be just an idea that was not pursued. (The trademark was registered in 2002.)

So, I need to know if I risk trademark infrindgement by creating my web site EXAMPLE.TV to promote my graphic design services? And, should I attempt to register "EXAMPLE.TV" as a trademark. It seems to me that by adding the .TV, the name is not the same. Also, my services are not the same.

Please help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back