turning in a loved one

Status
Not open for further replies.

rccpro

I am doing a research project for a psychology class. I need a poll to finish the paper so here is the questions to those of you who will answer.
How many of you would turn in a loved one if they committed any type of crime (assualt, murder, robbery, etc.)?

How many would turn them in if their conviction depended on your testimony?

Why are the reasons you would turn the person(s) in?

If you wouldn't turn them in, why?

No names or any information will be used in the paper besides the answers given to the question. Thank you and hope to get some data collected to analyze and draw a conclusion.[/FONT]

Not really answering cuz it would definitely depend on the type and the level of the crime.

But curious... how do you think you're gonna get objective "data" off of a WEB FORUM?

First of all: it IS, after all, a legal-advice forum. The people who read it, let alone the people who will reply, will most likely not represent the general "average" population.

Secondly: the questions are extremely broad, & extremely open-ended. There is no way to really measure any of the responses you might get; you can simply quote them as isolated opinions, and use said quotes to emphasise whatever point you wish to support. This might be personally interesting to you, but do you see how it is not really objective research?

A more credible research project could be done by writing up a specific, detailed list of questions, passing it out to a statistically defineable community (i.e. your college campus) and making a concise summary of the actual results ... something along the lines of "33% of the 50 students randomly polled checked 'yes' to the question, "would you turn in your boyfriend if he committed robbery?'" --- If you want additional commentary, you could provide a space for it, but it wouldn't be considered the DATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back