TSA Uniform Policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSASUX

I work for the Transportation Security Administration and the New uniform policy requires male officers hair to not exceed 2 inches below their collar and male officers can not use anything to put their hair up to meet the requirements. Meanwhile, female officers are allowed to have their hair as long as they want to but they Can use any kind of hair retainer to meet the requirements so their hair does not exceed 2 inches below the collar.

This NEW policy has male officers who have long hair and keep it neat and up to the standards worried about being reprimended and fired for soemthing as pity as this. I'd like to know what can be done, said or anything for that matter to avoid this as most of us were hired with long hair and was never a problem for the first 6 years of employment. I'd like advice, any advice.

Thank you.

Sorry, but multiple courts have ruled that employers are allowed to have different dress code rules, including hair styles, for male and female employees without it being considered gender discrimination. You're simply going to have to either conform to the rules or find employment that will allow you to wear your hair the way you want.

And yes, they are allowed to change the policy. They are not required to allow long hair now just because they previously allowed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back