Trying to save the Sequoia's.

Wrapping a tree in aluminum foil is equivalent to wrapping an ear of corn, a salmon filet, wrap almost anything in aluminum foil, add heat or flame and the item will cook.

I feel sorry for those beautiful trees and the idiots who believe their pitiful ploy will save those wonderful trees.
Read the article, not the headline.

The world's biggest trees were being wrapped in fire-proof blankets Thursday in an effort to protect them from huge blazes tearing through the drought-stricken western United States.

tree.jpg

Reading is fundamental, comprehension is essential.

tenor-1.gif

I don't know if their attempt to protect the trees will do any good....but at least they are trying.

Once I've wrapped my protein in non-stick aluminum foil, placed it in the oven at 400 degrees, leave it there for 30 minutes, it is cooked.

I suspect those wonderful trees could suffer the same fate as a protein I placed in my oven.

Once I've wrapped my protein in non-stick aluminum foil, placed it in the oven at 400 degrees, leave it there for 30 minutes, it is cooked.

I suspect those wonderful trees could suffer the same fate as a protein I placed in my oven.
That's a fair enough view of it. I believe, however, that the science behind this attempt (whether successful or not) is more advanced than the average BBQ methods.

Back