Trying to pay my fine in Germany

Lisa1963

Jurisdiction
Europe
The end of last year my boyfriend was caught shop lifting in Dusseldor Germany. He lives in Albainia and has not heard anything from them in the form of a letter and unfortunately he does not have the original paper they gave him. He wants to pay the fine but doesn't know how. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
The end of last year my boyfriend was caught ship lifting in Dusseldor Germany.

Wow. He must be the strongest man in the world to be able to lift a ship.

He lives in Albainia and has not heard anything from them in the form of a letter and unfortunately he does not have the original paper they have him. He wants to pay the fine but doesn't know how. Can anyone help?

No clue.

This site is for US law.

Tell him to consult a lawyer in Albania or Germany.

Wow. He must be the strongest man in the world to be able to lift a ship.

No clue.

This site is for US law.

Tell him to consult a lawyer in Albania or Germany.
He has tried everything or I wouldn't be here. I also saw answers to these type of question about German law

He has tried everything or I wouldn't be here. I also saw answers to these type of question about German law

He can just ignore the whole event.

Nothing ever happens to petty criminals, even when they riot in the EU.

He lives in Albainia and has not heard anything from them in the form of a letter and unfortunately he does not have the original paper they gave him.

Who are "they"/"them"?

He has tried everything

Ok. "Everything" necessarily includes the following:

1. Calling the police in Dusseldorf. What did the police in Dusseldorf tell him when he called to ask about how to pay the fine?

2. Returning in person to Dusseldorf. What happened when he returned to Dusseldorf with the money to pay the fine?

3. Hiring an attorney in Dusseldorf. Hard to believe that the attorney in Dusseldorf that he hired couldn't help him figure this out.

What's that you say? He didn't do any of these things and your statement that you "has tried everything" was false? Understood.

I also saw answers to these type of question about German law

Not here you didn't.

Back