Trying to fill out paperwork properly.

Jmall

Jurisdiction
Vermont
I'm assisting a friend fill out paperwork, and had a question about the page attached.

She's the one filing for divorce. Does she still count her husband as "Applicant B" or does she leave this blank?

Any other tips about filling out the paperwork properly?

Attachments

• Liz.jpg
    Liz.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3
You are engaging in the unauthorized practice of law, which is illegal, and you are doing it poorly.

The best help you or anybody can be to your friend is encourage her to get a lawyer.

We can't give step by step instructions on how to fill out forms.

You are engaging in the unauthorized practice of law, which is illegal, and you are doing it poorly.

The best help you or anybody can be to your friend is encourage her to get a lawyer.

We can't give step by step instructions on how to fill out forms.

What? No. What I am offering is not legal advice at all. I am not practicing law, unauthorized or authorized, and what I am doing is far from illegal.

It is stated very clearly what legal advice is and is not. Legal advice is not.

I am not asking (or offering) opinion. I am not giving advice on what to do. I am simply trying to make sure a form is filled out accurately. This is standard form that has to be submitted to the courts before a lawyer is assigned.

She does not make enough money to hire a lawyer, so that is out.

upload_2019-2-21_14-2-55.png

She's the one filing for divorce. Does she still count her husband as "Applicant B" or does she leave this blank?

The form you've taken a "jpg" of and attached above appears to be a VT Dept. of Health form which inquires about a previous divorce granted to a couple and seems to need the names of the divorced parties.

If your pal is married to Bugs Bunny, but previously DIVORCED Daffy Duck, the form you attached above is relevant only to Daffy, not Bugs; because Bugs is the party she now wishes to divorce.

She can ask the court clerk whatever questions come to mind about completing any forms required to file a legal proceeding.

This website promises a person an $84 divorce.
Is it true?
I have no idea?
You can check it out and see:

Uncontested Divorce in Vermont | Divorce in VT

Here you go, mate, instructions of filing for a divorce in VT:

Divorce in Vermont

Divorce Process: From First Filing Through Appeal | Vermont Judiciary

How Do I File for Divorce in Vermont

Back