Truancy

dani2319

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Hi, i just have a fast question. I just turned 18 in February and the school sent me a letter saying i have missed 9 days total missing that are unexcused and ended up missing the day after the letter was sent because i was sick. What all would they do with how many total days i have missed? My parents knew about all of them. And the days i have missed i have real reasons as to why i wasnt at school.

The school could potentially drop you from its roster if you miss too many days. You'd have to finish school somewhere else.
Truancy isn't really an issue here... the issue is whether or not you want to graduate on time.

Hi, i just have a fast question. I just turned 18 in February and the school sent me a letter saying i have missed 9 days total missing that are unexcused and ended up missing the day after the letter was sent because i was sick. What all would they do with how many total days i have missed? My parents knew about all of them. And the days i have missed i have real reasons as to why i wasnt at school.

Truancy seems to really light fires up some bureaucrats butts these days.

You're an adult, legally.

Save yourself a passel of trouble, withdraw from school, get a GED, then a job, or go to college.

If high school administrative issues are interfering with real life, drop out of high school, but not the educational process.

When I was kid, we had no choices.

These day's young people have many options, lots of choices, that can lead you to the same result.

Please, let me know how you fare, no matter what you choose to do.

I am very concerned about education or training for young people.

Life isn't a one size fits all, neither is education or training, mate.

There are oodles of haters, ignore them, don't engage any of them.

Just do your best at whatever it is YOU choose to do.

Back