Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Trouble with wife's ex husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dshag

Ok my wife and her ex have a 10 year old son together. He walked home from school with several friends. School is not even 2 blocks away. He picked him up from our house to take him somewhere and when he dropped him off he was not happy he walked home and attempted to argue with wife about it. She asked him to leave our house, which he refused. She opened the door and asked him to leave again. He slammed the door and started yelling. He has been abusive towards her in the past. When I heard the door slam i came running down the stairs and had a few choice words. I told him to get the f out the house. He refused so i opened the door and pushed him out of it. Closed the door and locked it. About 10 seconds later he punched the front door, which is fiberglass, and cracked it. I called the police and pressed criminal mischief charges. I got estimates which are around 1100$ for a new door installed. Is there anything else i can do? Do I have any other options to get him out if that happens again? Can I use force?

Boot camp comes to mind or allowing him to live with other parent. Regardless hes not your child so you need to remove yourself from situation

Ok my wife and her ex have a 10 year old son together. He walked home from school with several friends. School is not even 2 blocks away. He picked him up from our house to take him somewhere and when he dropped him off he was not happy he walked home and attempted to argue with wife about it. She asked him to leave our house, which he refused. She opened the door and asked him to leave again. He slammed the door and started yelling. He has been abusive towards her in the past. When I heard the door slam i came running down the stairs and had a few choice words. I told him to get the f out the house. He refused so i opened the door and pushed him out of it. Closed the door and locked it. About 10 seconds later he punched the front door, which is fiberglass, and cracked it. I called the police and pressed criminal mischief charges. I got estimates which are around 1100$ for a new door installed. Is there anything else i can do? Do I have any other options to get him out if that happens again? Can I use force?

And further, you laid your hands on him. Are you ready to deal with an assault/battery charge?

Unless your lives are threatened, you have NO right to lay your hands on someone. You do the sensible thing and call 911.

I think this is the ex husband we are talking about and OP is sticking his nose into his wifes co-parenting. As a step father, you need to butt out and let the two of them work it out, unless a physical fight ensues. Presumably, your wife is an adult and capable of handling her own affairs. It is depreciating of her abilities for you to stick your nose in, while thumping your chest.

Consider obtaining a restraining order to compel him to stay away from you and the property. He can be arrested for violating the order.

You likely don't have anything to worry about in this instance regarding an assault, but you should be very cautious about those situations.

Cop said i was fine pushing him out of the house after asking several times to leave. Fat chance ill let him talk that way to my wife i can careless about there past relationship. Wow mostly horrible advice i expected better. And yes I normally stay out of it but if you are asked to leave my house and you slam a door forget about it. Something called chivalry but i guess most people are unaware of this thinking wow

Lol some people can't even read this correctly and try to give advice big WOW! Yes this is wife's ex husband not step son. This was also in my home. He was not asked to come inside either. Normally he stays outside. 1 intelligent comment out of them all. I could easily say i felt threatened. He slammed my door, refused to leave, verbally assaulted me and was breathing heavily with a balled up fist. Have the right to protect my family and property this is texas after all.

I think this is the ex husband we are talking about and OP is sticking his nose into his wifes co-parenting. As a step father, you need to butt out and let the two of them work it out, unless a physical fight ensues. Presumably, your wife is an adult and capable of handling her own affairs. It is depreciating of her abilities for you to stick your nose in, while thumping your chest.

Really? This could tie for worst advice given on this forum. Let a wife's ex husband who was physically, emotionally and verbally abusive in the past yell, slam a door and refuse to leave her and her current spouses property? If my wife wants him to leave property and asks nice twice and gets a refusal with slammed door i don't care who you are or what your relationship is. I am getting involved and asking to leave. If refused i will assist them out every time. To me yelling and slamming doors is threatening behavior. My wife was very happy i got involved. Thanks tho

Consider obtaining a restraining order to compel him to stay away from you and the property. He can be arrested for violating the order.

You likely don't have anything to worry about in this instance regarding an assault, but you should be very cautious about those situations.

Thank you this is exactly what the lawyer i talked to said

If your saying your wife is not an adult capable of handling her own affairs, perhaps she needs to have the visitation order rewritten for transfers at the police station.

Really? This could tie for worst advice given on this forum. Let a wife's ex husband who was physically, emotionally and verbally abusive in the past yell, slam a door and refuse to leave her and her current spouses property? If my wife wants him to leave property and asks nice twice and gets a refusal with slammed door i don't care who you are or what your relationship is. I am getting involved and asking to leave. If refused i will assist them out every time. To me yelling and slamming doors is threatening behavior. My wife was very happy i got involved. Thanks tho

Take it easy. The way you wrote it with unnecessary information was misleading. It reads as if the boy was the problem. Write more carefully and you will get better responses.

If your saying your wife is not an adult capable of handling her own affairs, perhaps she needs to have the visitation order rewritten for transfers at the police station.

Asked for legal advice not relationship advice. I was under impression this was a legal forum...

Legal advice comes from a licensed Attorney in your area not websites! The posters here are volunteers not Lawyers! Read the disclaimer at bottom of each page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back