Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Tresspassing in a public park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin32908

I was with a friend in a park. It was about 11:30 at night. We were not loud. We were not really doing much of anything. Just sitting and talking. We received a ticket for $175 for trespassing. It said signs posted on the ticket. We had to go around the park and search for this sign. It was on the side of the park. We entered from the front where there is no sign. What I am asking hear is that to have any ground to win if I fight this. In my opinion $175 is excessive. I would go down and take pictures of the area to show the absence of the sign. My grounds is that the sign is not in plain sight. I am only 18 years old. My dad is a Cleveland firefighter and will be accompanying me. There may be some leniency there.

Obviously not. You must be unaware of what I am speaking of. Son's and Daughters of Firemen used to have official Fireman's son and daughter badges. They could show it to police and the police would, in many cases, show leniency. That wasn't the purpose of the badge but that is how they were used. But obviously that was probably the most unimportant part of what I am asking here. If some one has a reply that is actually helpful it would be appreciated.

Here are your options

. Fight charge on your own (not wise)

. Fight charge with help of Attorney (this will cost more than the fine)

. Pay the fine

Better idea in my opinion: plead not guilty or no contest show pictures to the judge and around the area say your sorry and you dint mean any harm. you will likely at the lest have your fine reduced quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back