Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Transitional housing/donation of my property

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruef

Hello. I was recently living in a (not so) christian based transitional house. There were 5 other women, and we paid $500/mth rent. There were program (if it could really be called that) rules; that we attend church twice a week and did 2 bible studies a day. We paid for our own food, and were responsible for our own lives. We never really saw the administration, unless someone called them for a complaint. I did everything I was supposed to do, as well as looked for work every day, all day. I was the only one in the house that was really trying to better my life. The other girls didnt like me, and they constantly harrassed and started fights with me, nor did they do anything but sit around all day. While I was at church one night, they called the administrator and made up a bunch of lies and got me kicked out. I did not know this until I called to tell them I would not be home, that I was working for someone for the weekend. They then told me I was not allowed back on the property. Foir the next 2 weeks I called about 7 times, requesting to pick up my belongings. They either wouldnt answer the door, or would fight with me on the phone and hang up. They would not give me the administrators number, but even when I did get it and called, she did not return my call. So I called a man that ran a nearby ministry for men, and he was going to take me to get my stuff. When I called him back, he told me that the girls had donated everything I owned. Its all gone. What can I do about this. I literally have one outfit and a purse to my name.

Report the theft of your belongings to the police.
That'll wake up the leaders of that cult.
Then see what happens.
You may never get your belongings back or compensation for them.

You could file a small claims case and hope that one of the tv judge shows contacts you.
You get compensated for appearing on them, and they do take interesting cases.
Get on one of those shows, and you'll get your money back and some!
Heck, contact the shows yourself, and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back