Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Transfering of Community Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb56

I received a summons for Minor In Possesion of Intoxicating Liqour in a county that is around 4 hours from my home town. The highway patrolman told me that i would receive a fine and community service. I was just wondering if they have to let you transfer it to where you live or if that only happens in special cases. I would think it would be rather unreasonable to make someone travel that long to do community service, especially if i was assinged a large number of hours. If anyone knows the deal on this I would be pleased to hear before July 23rd, since that is when I appear in court.:confused:

Your matter will probably be dealt with in court, by the court. Understand, that if you committed an offense in the county that is against the county ordinances, the county might wish retribution to and within the county. Difficult to say and nothing we say here will change the circumstances. If you committed an MIP that was a state violation (which is likely), perhaps community service in a local area near you would be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back