Traffic ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyM148

I was pulled over on Christmas Eve at around 3:15 p.m. for not having my headlights on. It was slightly raining. On the citation, the officer wrote "Conditions requiring headlights" He also stated that it was grey, rainy and icy conditions. There was no ice, but again, it was slightly raining.
This is a new town cop. Right after he pulled me over, he pulled somebody else over for the same thing, also cited them.
When he pulled me over, he asked for my license and registration and insurance information. I couldn't find me insurance information at the time, so he takes my license and registration and tells me to continue to look for it. He comes back 10 minutes later and brings me the citation with no questions asked.
He has pulled over my cousin for the same thing, but only gave her a warning. So why do i get a citation right away? He gave me 5 days to present proof of insurance. I went to the borough building TWICE with my proof of insurance - the door was locked, so i knocked both separate times and nobody answered. There were and still aren't any "office hours" posted anywhere.

Today, over a month later, I go to pay the fine of $108. Apparently a constable was looking for me because they haven't heard from me. My license I gave him wasn't my current address, so the notices were being sent to the wrong location. So I was told i'd be paying the constable fee of $50 - $100. So i pleaded not guilty for the ticket.
I then get presented with another fine for Operating a vehicle without insurance. That's $350. I did and still do have insurance.
I get presented with another fine of $125 for failing to provide proof of insurance. (I made two attempts to do this).

I pleaded NOT guilty to all 3 fines and i'm scheduled to appear for a trial next month.

What's going to happen here? Do i have a fighting chance for these fines to be dismissed or at least any of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back