traffic misdemeanors... and jail time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemera

I posted this in the criminal offenses thread, but I'm thinking maybe it should of been posted here?
-------------------------

A few months ago my gf managed to get a ticket for an illegal lane change in Nampa Idaho. I told her to take care of it a few times, and as usual she forgot. Until Monday morning (12/08/08). When I attempted to call the court to find the status of the ticket myself. No one could find it so I sort of shrugged my shoulders and continued on. This is where things take a turn for the worse: I took her out on a date Tuesday night we had a blast and then she decided to go to her moms house. On the way there she got a speeding ticket for doing 40 in a 35, and made the delightful discovery that since she declined to take care of her lane change ticket her license had been revoked on 12/08/08. She got a speeding ticket, a driving with out privileges ticket, and for some reason a mutilated license ticket because she couldn't find her good license at the moment. (She was flustered).

Now all I'm hearing is that she might have a mandatory two days of jail for this or something? I can't have her going to jail period. Aside from like two other speeding tickets over the course of her life she's never been in any trouble with the law period. She holds a steady job, is a good mother, and an even better gf. She's also the primary care giver for her seven month old son. This entire thing is freaking me out. The only thing I'm unbelievably grateful for is that she didn't have anything to drink on our date.

My question is: Is this two days in jail for real and is there a way she cannot go to jail? I'd even be willing to go do the two days for her. I come from a law enforcement and correctional officer family. Jail is no place for her, even if it is county lockup.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back