Trademark question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photo_Queen

I am a child photographer. I have signed on with a licensing agent, who said I must trademark my company name.

I have applied for the trademark, under classes 041 and 042. Which cover photographic services, portrait services and stock/licensing of photography.

I have had a website for about 8 years, free for a few years, and registered under my company name for a little over 4 years. Since then there have been other photographers show up with my business name.

Now that the name is trademarked, can they still use it?

My images are now being licensed to some pretty big name companies. And will be up there with the likes of some pretty HUGE names in Child photography.

With this in mind especially, shouldn't they have to change the names of their businesses?

Thank you in advance,

Erin

Trade Mark

Dear Erin,

It sounds like you need to consider taking cost effective action, something we have successfully done for a number of people with similar concerns. If you are licensing your work, your identity will be an increasingly valuable asset which it is important to protect. We have a lot of experience in the area of brand and art licensing, and character, personality & design rights. Two of our factsheets are attached for reference.

Thank you for your response. I wasn't notified and thought I would just check it tonight.

Where are you located? I tried the number and it wouldn't go through.

I am going to download your pdf files now.

thank you again,

Erin

Photo Queen said:
Thank you for your response. I wasn't notified and thought I would just check it tonight.

Where are you located? I tried the number and it wouldn't go through.

I am going to download your pdf files now.

thank you again,

Erin

I hadn't realised we were so far away from you, Erin (ok, I guess Michigan isn't that far from England) but I can suggest somebody more local or look at the list here: http://www2.piperpat.co.nz/northam/umi.html. From your end our phone number in international format is +44-845-123-5375 or our email address is mail@crossguard.info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back